Monday, December 8, 2008

O Tannenbaum O Tannenbaum How Loyal Are Your Branches

I have my house all decked out for Christmas. The weekend after Thanksgiving following Goskesen tradition. Stockings hung on the bookcase with care. The nativity scene dominating the piano. Green garland framing most of the windows. And that's what it's going to be this year.... have you figured out the crux of my guilt? I have decided.. about 92% I'd say.. that the Rooney house will be sans Christmas Tree this year. And it doesn't bother me one bit. I only feel the twinge of guilt radiating off other people that this is someway blasphemous. And wrongly so I may add... nobody cares. But that's what people, ie me, tend do to.. carry unwarranted guilt for trivial things. So I have to keep justifying my freedom in my head... 1.It's a lot of money 2. I will be spending the next three to four weeks keeping a one year old and three year old and cat out of it. 3. Then I'll just have to take it down in a few weeks (if put up at the "proper" time it's usually up a good month and a half) and figure out how to get rid of it. 4. I can't put presents underneath.. see number two. Now if I find a nice one on "christmas tree clearance"... they have to have such thing right?? Then MAYBE I'll get one... but probably not. Next year.. PROMISE.

No comments: