Friday, February 20, 2009

i am unlimited

with more fingers on one hand than hours of sleep last night... i tried to take a nap with the kids. but after three minutes i snuck down the creaky stairs and planted myself in front of the computer to be mindless and unproductive for an hour two hours.

I am listening to Great Lake Swimmers "everything is moving so fast" on repeat. A treat to listen to it for the first time today. Maybe there will be money next month when it comes out.

Current life is a bumpy road. The Holy Spirit and a few good friends are filling me with wisdom.

I receive a wash of peace knowing that He knows me.. understands me.. intercedes for me.. comforts me.. transforms my mind.. draws me.. if I didn't have anything else I would have everything. I feel like I am in the middle of a time of molding. I wait on Him.

I wake up at an ungodly hour three times a week to work out. Today in "bootcamp" class we rode the bikes for awhile. After two minutes thirty seconds I knew I would never try the "cycling" class. Some around me were going "being chased by freddie kruger" pace. I preferred the "Sunday ride around the park" pace... "I bet they'll just think I have the tension way up" was what I rationalized to my pride. Then I realized that you're supposed to stand while you pedal. oooohhhh. Okay we'll try that. It was fun for two minutes thirty seconds. Up until my legs almost gave way I felt like I was back in fifth grade riding to a friends house "we're going to have so much fun!" I made the mistake of vocalizing this thought to my cycling peers who have now all secretly named me "the chubby weird girl in my bootcamp class." I need to keep my sleep deprived, humorous to only me, thoughts to myself for self preservation sake.

No comments: